Monday, November 26, 2012

Slow going

Happy 16th Birthday, Erin!

Thanksgiving is over, thank goodness. It was a trial in some ways (personal), and it is with no small relief I've seen it pass. Sure, there was good in it too, but I'm still glad it's over.

Work is still there. Though we had a five-day break, today opened with pretty much the same thing I left all those days ago. On the bright side, I've managed to refurbish 15 laptops, providing a lab we didn't have two weeks ago. That allows more flexibility with regards to some of our required standardized testing, such as Acuity. If I could somehow double that number, well... it would just be sweeter all around.

It's easier said than done. The pool of available machines has dwindled significantly. Those that remain will probably require quite a bit of delicate soldering to fix - a skill I'm not sure I possess, and requiring knowledge I certainly don't. I can gain the knowledge, I might develop the skill, but it may be useless pursuit. The machines are quite old, and who knows how long the fix would last.

On to training, I've tried to creep the training levels up a bit, with mixed success. I am getting more mileage, but as expected, the soreness of my hips has climbed as well. That will never end, it's obvious, so I will have to work around it as best I can. Next week is December, and with that I have to begin cycling. My plan is for 60 miles a week. If I can do that AND run 40 mpw, that would be solid. My lifting will also pick up a bit. Beyond that, and only if there is time, I would like to swim once a week. That's the thumbnail of the plan as it stands.

The Bub's Patties and Pups challenge is in serious jeopardy. Bub's wants $150 to rent the room. Uh-oh. We've decided to turn Jimmy loose on them. No, don't feel pity. They asked for it. Back to work. Computers to refurbish. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment