Saturday, April 27, 2013

A double with trouble

You haven't lost your mind; I am really trying to make an effort to post more here. It's been some crazy busy, and I let it go for a while.

OOOH! Watching UFC prelims, and the next fight is chicks. Chick fight! This should be good.

Back to the post...

The Louisville Mini was today. The runners seem to have had a good day. Two in particular, Rand and Scott did very well. Rand ran 1:33:27, which is quite possibly a PR. Scott ran 1:43:04, a great first time. It was nearly a perfect day to race. Great, great races.

Indy is only a week away, so our run today was shorter. We did 8 miles, starting a little earlier. This worked out well. Allen, John T. and I started our planned ride a bit quicker, and it was a great one. Lighthouse to Huck's and back, with a tailwind home. I took the opportunity to test my Garmins side-by-side. They gave nearly identical results, as I suppose should be expected.

I need to run early and get ride on the bike tomorrow. I'm hoping for a long ride, 60-80 miles in total. That would help me buy time to rest at the end of the week. I will try to weave interested parties into the mix as the ride proceeds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment