Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Costume run a day early

Sure, it's not Halloween, but as our friends will mostly be leaving town for Florida tomorrow, we opted to do it today instead. Besides, when's the last time anyone ran with Jimmy on Thursday? It was the usual list of costumes... nothing out of the ordinary. The sad part was the number of runners who opted out of the costume. No sense of adventure, I guess.

We ran 5, most of us. A few runners, those preparing for the marathon on Saturday, only ran 3. Well, Jimmy and Haley aren't running a marathon, but they also ran 3. I stuck with Miller and Rowan, and we hit a very slow one. Can't blame Miller - he ran 15 miles this morning. Me? I just needed an easy day.

I did get my lift before the run, so that's something. I think I'm getting used to the new pattern of coming right home and getting to my training. I sure am tired though, more so than I've been in a long time. That I think is an adjustment to pace and distance. I'm doing a lot more running than I have in some time.

Haven't seen Galloway in a while. There are only two possibilities: A) he's preparing for the zombie apocalypse, or; B) he's hurt. I'm leaning towards A, but I texted him just in case. Ah! Just got a return text. "Nursing hamstrings. Zombie-proof shelter nearly complete. Collecting supplies." You know Galloway - man of few words, he is.

So, Ironman Florida is this weekend, and we have several going down to be minions for the race in the hopes of getting picked for next year's race. Well, good luck to you all. Hope it's all you've dreamed of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment