Thursday, October 17, 2013

It's been a big training week!

So let's see... in the time since I've been on break:


  • I've run a 20-miler
  • I've run two fast 8-milers
  • I've ridden twice
  • I've exceeded 50 miles in a week for the first time this year

Yeah, that's a big week. And yeah, I am sore in places, but for now, in a completely manageable way. Tonight Scott and I went on an 8-miler, and though it started out easy, it became a moderately-paced run, the back half being a smooth negative split. And it felt great.

I don't know for sure where it goes from here. I'm thinking I can do a marathon with not too much effort, so now the question moves to... how fast? To qualify for Boston again I think I have to run sub-3:30. I can't do that yet, but... could I by December? Right now, I think... yeah. Yeah, I really think I can. 

So the next couple of days will be about finishing the miles for this week. If I can stay healthy, by this weekend I pull the trigger on Huntsville. After that, the goal will be to get smooth running distance in the sub-7:30 range. That would give me more than enough to hit the number I need to keep options open for 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment