Wednesday, January 15, 2014

I'll take it

This week has seen a change of schedule, chiefly due to swimming. Lifting was moved from Mon-Wed-Fri to Sun-Tues-Thurs, so today really only needed a run for certain. However, with the end of the week looming fast, I figured it was a good idea to get some of the remaining riding done. Thank goodness I rode 80 on Sunday! I would never have finished this week otherwise.

So... how to do it? Too cold to go out. Leisa needed the basement first hour, the run was second hour. The best fit would be to ride the first hour. Only way to make that happen would be in the lab.

So I loaded it up. Now this is a hassle, no matter how close it is to home. I always forget something vital, and in this case it was shoes. But, despite having to shoehorn my ride between a couple of established bikes, I was able to get it set up and rolling.

The question now was whether or not there was time to get a full ride in before the run. Ordinarily spinning 20 miles has taken up to 70 minutes; I had 60 at best. This was doable, but there couldn't be any relaxing. I had to get right on it, harder than I wanted to, but that was too bad.

Miller was there already, and as fate would have it we were side-by-side in an otherwise empty lab. That worked well, because we could easily share the fan. Netflix played "24", which is a fine television series, full of suspense. I do have a knock on it though, as riding movies go... it's all dialogue. Seriously. If you don't believe me, put it on TV some day, then sit in the next room and listen to it. You will get 90% of what happens, no problem. It's like an audio book. It's a good story, but it doesn't take my mind of riding.

Anyway, the ride went better than I hoped, chiefly because I haven't ridden since Sunday - my riding legs are well rested. I easily beat the hour, and had time to switch clothes for the run. I'd left my running Garmin at home, so... I had to waste time to go get it. I'm glad Roy is the patient type, because it took a long time for the device to acquire satellite!

We did the regular 5, Roy, Nathan, and I, and that was that. Nothing special or fast, since Scott took the night off running and spun instead. That was good for me, as my hip still has me worried. I didn't feel even the slightest flinch, which is puzzling, but I'll take it.

Tomorrow is a lift, run, and swim. The run will be from Jimmy's at 5:15, the swim will be at BNL at 8:15. Lift on your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment