Monday, May 5, 2014

Decision time coming

It appears as though health is returning to my body, enough so I need to go ahead and register for Terre Haute. The other piece of that puzzle I was watching doesn't appear to interfere as much as I feared. My daughter graduates college the night before, and so long as I can make the ceremony, I think I'll be fine. It may be a short sleep night, but hey, that happens all the time anyway.

It was awfully warm out there tonight. I suppose it was inevitable that the weather would suddenly switch from uncomfortably cool to uncomfortably hot in an instant, which is pretty much what it did. It was 86 degrees tonight at the start of the run, by far the warmest day we've yet seen this year. I felt it, too. By mile 3 I knew there'd be no extra miles at the end.

Tomorrow we ride from the church. The weather looks fine, even great if you consider the SSE wind of 5 mph or so. That is slightly favorable inasmuch as the wind is the perfect direction, if weak. It would be a great night for a time trial, if one is so inclined.

I don't think I'll put in any extra before the group ride. I need to peel the miles back the next couple of weeks to get ready for Terre Haute. I'm not exactly tapering, but I don't want to go in tired or sick. Hopefully I have it timed right and I'll feel fresh, which is all I really want. Maybe that will be enough to bring my running back a bit. I won't lie, I'm a little worried about the 5-mile run segment of the race. It gets harder every year.

First things first. Pace line ride, possibly a run after, tomorrow night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment