Thursday, May 8, 2014

I know education is a bad thing...

...or so it seems. Try this link out (if you were at the swim tonight) and you will see the point I was trying to make.

Survey

Let me counterbalance that link with another one:

Grammar Nazis

I'm a pragmatist, so I'll let it go there. <insert smug smile here>

It was a triple day. I ran first, biked, then swam, or as Allen calls it, a reverse triathlon. Distances weren't large, however I did manage to find some quality here and there.

Let's start with the run. I've been wanting to get back to the Milwaukee Trail since they graveled more of it, and I'm sure glad I did. It was beautiful! The part that is (nearly) complete was fantastic, and I can only drool at the prospect of some day have 21 miles of it. Though it was 85 degrees, down in the woods it was significantly cooler. Yes, a great many of my summer miles will be made down the line...

Next came the ride. John T. had texted me, and we set up to ride at 5:15 from Parkview. It wound up being a short ride, since I had to open the pool later. The wind was also very strong out of the SSW, so we were kind of slow going out. However, this made for pretty good KOM weather on Highway 37, and we went for it. John T. nipped me by one second, but we both shattered the existing time.

Finally, there was the swim. I got in for the first time in a couple of weeks, and I can tell I've been out. No matter. There have been years I haven't been in the water at all at this time. Terre Haute's swim will be whatever it winds up being.

Some of us are running tomorrow evening from Dr. Jimmy's, 5:15. We plan to run down the Milwaukee Trail. All welcome!

1 comment:

  1. diction
    \DIK-shuhn\
    noun
    1. style of speaking or writing as dependent upon choice of words: good diction.
    2. the accent, inflection, intonation, and speech-sound quality manifested by an individual speaker, usually judged in terms of prevailing standards of acceptability; enunciation.



    ReplyDelete