Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Trying to like the new Garmin Connect

I'm a techie, and I love all things, well, techie. The new Garmin Connect interface is pretty, and it has some nice ideas, but the performance just isn't there. Just moving around in it isn't as intuitive as Strava, it's clunky, and frankly, making segments (a huge deal in Strava's favor) doesn't compete. Somebody may have worked it out better than I have, but let's be honest; I more or less do this for a living, and my opinion is the idea isn't fully mature yet. In development circles this is a beta, or at best the 1.0 version. There have to be improvements coming, or it won't survive.

Officially registered for Terre Haute just now. Back off, Allen.

My health seems almost normal now. I still have some light congestion, but nothing I cannot handle. My performance is almost back to where it was before. I did notice Rand's voice cracking tonight, and he complained of a sore throat and drainage. Uh-oh. It only took me three weeks to get over mine.

I am continuing with the light riding week plan. Part of me hates that, but it really is for the best. The runs are feeling better, that's for sure. I hope it translates into a strong effort next Saturday. That's the idea anyway.

There will be a swim tomorrow night, 8:15 at BNL pool.

Saturday, the plan is to ride at 8 AM, Huck's and back, then a 5-mile run. This is of course if the weather permits. There will likely be a run no matter what. I'll even go out on a limb and say I will be at McDonald's at 7 AM. All welcome, of course. 

1 comment: