Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Restarting the blog

Without fanfare the blog is back. I've had a number of people ask about it, not overwhelming you understand, but as I like to write and apparently some like to ridicule, we can marry our needs here daily.

The transition of seasons is ongoing. Yesterday was the first official day of spring, and temperatures have been in the mid-80's all week. Change is coming- the weather will turn south later this week. No matter. I can't remember a nicer spring break weather-wise.

Training has been outstanding. Just today Jimmy and I ran 20 miles in the morning, then I lifted later. This week has also included three good rides, one 65 miles, and solid running. If I can slip one swim in I'd be ecstatic.

The 65-mile ride was a real keeper in that it featured a fast 10-mile time trial. I went 22:03, good for 27.2 mph. I would have been faster had I not been nearly run off the road by an errant driver passing a buggy (Amish country). It is true there was a nearly 10 mph wind from the south which did help the ride; regardless, it's the fastest solo ride I've had, period.

It's becoming apparent the expense of the wheels this winter was worth it. I've made an adjustment or two to my seat, and the bike is getting much closer to being dialed in. It's starting to feel fast, really fast.

Boston is about a month out. I can't wait for it to be over. I mean, I like the idea of going, it's just the training is so hard now. The low back won't hold up much longer...

No comments:

Post a Comment