Monday, June 24, 2013

Two runs and done

We're starting the fourth week of the summer for girls' cross conditioning, and today we extended the mileage to 6 miles minimum. Everyone went 6, some slightly longer. I'm happy to say once again everyone did well in spite of the rising humidity. It's a very positive start to the 2013 campaign.

After that I grabbed my Mavic box front and headed to Bike Doctor in Bloomington. I wound up getting a new set of bearings - one last try to save the rim. I think it is probably doomed, but since a new rim would be a minimum of $400, I might as well give it a shot. I really need to get it right before Leisa and I head to Michigan this weekend. We're planning on taking a mini-vacation in the St. Joseph area, and would like to tour the are on bikes. It should be fun!

After I got home I wanted to test the rim, but wouldn't you know it, the weather threatened again. It's not that I'm complaining really; I greatly prefer the weather this summer to last year's drought conditions. Still I have no desire to be caught in dangerous conditions, and the pattern now is for sudden strong cells to pop up any time anywhere, dropping copious amounts of rain, lightning, and hail. Since I didn't absolutely have to have the miles, I let it go.

I ran again in the afternoon with the Jimmyless group. Apparently Jimmy had a meeting and blew us off. His loss. We had a great 5-mile run, and Rowan entertained us the whole way by making fun of Yours Truly. True, he followed the low-brow suggestions of his father quite eagerly, but it was a funny time.

I'd say Rowan's vocabulary and sense of humor are developing quite nicely. He also appears to have a firm grip on his colors. I even taught him "Burgundy" and "Tope". WinD, you can thank me later for the new game, "I Spy With My Little Eye".

We ride tomorrow night. Some may even run after, but I won't be one of them. I will likely show early, ride at least 20, then ride with the group. I expect we'll see Shephard and James, I know we'll see Galloway and Scott, but beyond that I cannot say for sure who is and who is not coming. Oh, I can also say I will be going to Wendy's after!

No comments:

Post a Comment