Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Foiled!

I really thought I'd get to sneak a ride in tonight. My daughter's event was 7 PM, and if I hit the road right away, I would be able to keep enough time to make 40 miles. That would have allowed me to ride from the church to the line and back, so long as I made good time. Of course if things didn't go well I could turn back at any point and still make the time. Seemed like a workable plan.

Then it started raining. And not just rain, mind you, but thunder and lightning. There was no way a ride was going to happen this afternoon, and I finally resigned myself to that fact. Better to wait for the 5:15 run.

This was likely for the best. I didn't sleep again last night because of the coughing, and frankly I'm pretty worn down. It's getting to the point I may have to curtail training until my health improves. I don't want to, but I may have no choice. I'll give it a couple more days before I pull the trigger.

If I do continue training, the plan will be to ride 100 miles between tomorrow and Thursday, plus plug in a couple of runs. That's going to be challenging. There will also be a Thursday night swim, whether or not I swim. Finally, I plan to ride 100 miles on Saturday.

I guess the best thing to do is see how sleep goes tonight. If all goes well, I move forward with training. If not...

No comments:

Post a Comment