Monday, December 8, 2014

3 x 220

The answer is NOT 660!

No, the meaning is not really mathematical at all... it's how many guys in tonight's run wore Garmin 220's. I was the first to break the ice on this truly wonderful all-around watch/GPS. John T. soon bit, and now our good friend Scott has recently begun sporting his black and red beauty. He even convinced his Orleans buddy Chris into buying with him.

Jimmy keeps sniffing, but he doesn't bite. He had a shot at a $199 Garmin 910 (which he should have bought), but passed. Now he is looking hard at the 220. I do understand the problem a bit. He needs something he can wear as a watch. I had the same issue, and the 220 has filled that void beautifully. With a 10-hour battery and a completely waterproof case, it's nearly the perfect all-around piece of equipment. I do wish it tracked swimming better, but the truth is my 910 wasn't accurate in open water either, making that portion useless. The one thing I do truly wish was the 220 had the same 20-hour battery of the 910.

We ran 5 tonight - at least, I did. I ran from my house to the office, then ran home afterward to get my miles. The rest of the guys cheated themselves. The regular time, the regular route, the regular crew. Nothing much to note here except one thing... the end of the run.

Bartlett, as he sometimes does, broke off the front. I let it go for a few moments, but decided if I was going to cover, I had to make the move. I did. Then so did Rand. Then John T. Bartlett looked surprised we were all there, not because he didn't think we could, more like he didn't think we would.

It felt good to run a faster tempo. It wasn't fast as in the old days fast, but it was fast enough to feel like I was working. I like that feeling, and enjoy running that way.

Good thing. Tomorrow is tempo Tuesday. We will be going 2 miles at speed, at least, that's the plan. 5:15 from Parkview!

No comments:

Post a Comment