Thursday, December 11, 2014

What?!

Seven. That's the number of runners that made the 4:45 PM run from Parkview tonight. I never thought Jimmy's popularity could be challenged, but apparently the charisma and machismo that is Allen Burris has some sway with the exercise-minded. Or it could be the calves. Either way, there were indeed seven runners for tonight's run.

We did the usual Thursday route I can never quite remember. I was reminded we do it every week, though that is a bit of an exaggeration; this was only the third Thursday. It is fair chide me, because I am usually much quicker on patterns.

Galloway made it, though I'm pretty sure by the end he wish he hadn't. The knee is really hurting him. I knew it was so when I made an egregious error regarding high school basketball and he didn't ride me like a cheap quarter ride outside a supermarket (kids, you might be too young to understand that one). He said he "was trying to keep his mind on positive thoughts." I'm so sorry, man.

Roy is beginning to assert himself in the absence of Scott. He led most of the run tonight, and by the end had dropped the pace significantly. We started a bit past 9 and finished a bit past 8. One minute per mile dropped by the time we finished 5. Yeah, Roy's coming on.

Twenty Miles of Nowhere is getting somewhere! Leisa and I worked on the graphic a bit tonight, she has her flyer about done, and she has spoken to the local health clubs. Things are moving apace, almost as if it was meant to be. I may have to tap some of our celebrity talent for promo videos. More on that later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment