Thursday, December 4, 2014

A Cold Drizzle

Standing on the corner this afternoon while performing traffic duty, the light, cold drizzle covered my jacket. Luckily Leisa loves me, and bought me a waterproof Northface that seemed to resist the elements nicely. Though I was warm, I could only think ahead a couple of hours to when I wouldn't have that jacket, but I would be back out in the drizzle.

You see, it's Thursday. Jimmy doesn't run on Thursdays, ergo rain was certain.

What I could not be certain about was having company. I would run regardless. Would Allen make it? As far as I knew he was the only other person planning to come. Allen can sometimes be... sketchy... about iffy days.

I rolled up to find Roy in his car waiting. A few moments later Allen arrived. We three would be the complete company of today's run, so with little ado, we were off.

Allen only changed the course one time. We headed down Park Avenue instead of Washington. I didn't care - made no difference to the run. Roy seemed used to it, so it's clearly something they've done regularly.

Roy really pulled the run. At times Allen appeared pressed to keep attached, though Roy didn't seem to notice. I let him do his thing, running just off his shoulder. I would comment it really is amazing to see how much improvement he's had over the last few years. He is not the same guy that tried to hang in there for a mile a few years back.

Allen started working on Roy about Boston. I have to say I would agree, Roy can get a qualifier if he wants it. I hope he goes for it, because there would be no better time to try than right now, at the peak of his adult fitness.

Jimmy, Scott, and I are planning to go to Loogootee Saturday. The race is at 9 AM. I have one more seat if anyone wants to ride with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment