Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Another Wednesday

Just another Wednesday, nothing remarkable to report. Miller was back, healthy enough to run. Jimmy was overdressed - again. Same old, same old.

We did run a hard mile last night, and for myself I can say I felt no ill effects. I'd go as far to say I felt pretty good. The nearly 5 mile run went by pretty quickly.

I've hurt my right shoulder, and lifting has been seriously curtailed. I don't want to have surgery, but it may have finally come to that point. If swimming is not possible, triathlon is not possible. That will force my hand.

The other concern I have is my foot. I've ridden one time in 6 weeks, and I can feel my foot already. That's not good. It may have brought me to the place where I either change my shoe/pedal situation, or try to fix the old bike. I'm leaning toward fixing the old bike. After all, I know it worked. More, and this is no small thing, it would be cheaper.

I think the acid test will be once I spin indoors. I will use the Cannondale for this, which uses Speedplay pedals. If that bike does not hurt my feet, then it's something in the Kestrel setup. If it does, it's the pedals. Seems like a smart way to test

Tomorrow we run from Parkview at 4:45. 5 miles.

Saturday... a few of us are going down to Loogootee to support Debbie's 5k. More on this tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment