Thursday, June 5, 2014

First full day in a while


There has been discussion as to what to call the new bike. It's black with accents of orange, a scheme I'm not overly fond of, but in the spirit of making lemonade out of lemons, I'll at least spin it into something positive, if a little sinister. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you "The Hornet". 
I like it. They're fast and agile, and if you mess with them, they pack a mean punch. Oh yeah, there are a lot of angles to work on this one. "Don't poke the Hornet's nest!" and "Got stung by the Hornet!"... it could be fun...
No running again today. The hip is still in bad shape, though riding is easier. Allen, Galloway and I went out for a 32-mile roundabout today, leisurely pace, and the weather was nearly perfect. Only the strongish northeast wind marred the morning, and even that's putting it too harshly. I thoroughly enjoyed it all. 
After the ride, Allen and I went to Wendy's, which is only fair since we both missed Tuesday night. That put me in the mood for a nap, which I took for a brief time. Man, I have to love summers off! 
Jimmy planned for a Kenray swim tonight, but I'm not ready to go into lake water just yet. I have cuts that are not healed and Kenray isn't the cleanest lake out there. With that in mind, I headed to BNL a bit earlier. Galloway joined me. I swam 2 miles, and two parts of the day were done. 
I decided to go out to Kenray anyway in case Jimmy needed me to watch KJ. Besides, I needed to ask him about his Zipp 404s and HED 3 wheels. He's one of the few people I know that own both, and I'm trying to decide which of the two I'm going to get. I'm not sure he convinced me one way or another, but I value the input. 
One final step... the elliptical. I did 30 minutes again, totaling 3 miles. I'm not sure if this is helping or hurting the hip, but it is cardio, and that I need. If I feel sore again in the morning I may skip it tomorrow. I'll wait until then to see. 
Wish I was going to Cicero. Good luck to those that are! 

No comments:

Post a Comment