Wednesday, June 13, 2012

General Jimmy

Galloway and I left our fates in the hands of Jimmy today. He is really into these Wednesday quality days this summer, perhaps because of Steve and Cicero, perhaps another, unseen goal, but his zeal for the workouts is unmatched. With so much energy invested, it only makes sense for him to lead the effort.

His plan tonight was for a quarter/half/quarter interval, repeated once for a total of two miles at quality. That's less quality than we did last week, but this reporter is sure happy it wasn't more.

We jogged down to the tempo course, then ran the first quarter of the first half-mile of the course. Reversing direction at the end, we came back to the start and did a half-mile. Jogging north, we started the second quarter halfway back to the start, giving us an uphill quarter. Then we repeated the whole process again.

Our target pace was 1:35 for the quarters, 3:20 for the halves. I don't need to tell you we blew it nearly every time. I also hit stop instead of split on the first quarter, so when you look at the stats, bear it in mind. You can peruse the workout here.

I felt awful on every single one without exception. I'm tired, very tired. Lucky for me I didn't ride first today. Too bad Galloway did. He was suffering as much as I was. Only Jimmy seemed to coast through it, chirping away like a school girl with a new Justin Bieber poster.

Tomorrow, I run with the girls at Avoca at 8, then swim at 11, and cap the day with a ride at 6 from Lighthouse Books with Allen, maybe John T.-Strunk-Dan. All are welcome to join!

No comments:

Post a Comment