Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Getting it done

My knee was sore last night after our Spring Mill run. I'd hoped it would pass quickly, and I would be able to get up and run with the girls this morning. I couldn't. The knee was VERY sore, and I played it cautiously and didn't run. It was tough, because I really wanted to go.

I did ride. I'd planned 50 but settled for 32, once again because of the knee. It was sore again after the ride. By this point, I was becoming concerned.

Walking around the house after the ride, I managed to pop it a little - just a little. It seemed to make a difference. I also got another surprise - the Garmin came in. I really wanted to test this baby out before heading on to vacation tomorrow, so if there was any way possible, I was going to run.

Jimmy had his heart set on quarters. I can't remember the last time he lobbied so hard to get people to join a workout, or another time when it was met with such decided indifference. I hadn't planned to be there, and had warned him of such; since I didn't run this morning, I surprised him and showed up. Galloway, Dan, Robin, Scott, and Miller were there too, along with Bartlett.

Miller and Scott were only along for a few miles, and Bartlett did what Bartletts do and went straight on when we started the workout. Robin did it here own way, of course, leaving Galloway, Jimmy, Dan, and me to conform to Jimmy's wishes.

The workout was 12 quarters with a minute break, starting when the last person came in. This afforded a longer break for the guys who finished first, but fair only exists in a vacuum sealed glass jar orbiting earth on the space station.

If you want to scan the results, look here. It's the breakdown from my GPS. The short of it is we were between 1:30-1:35 on all of the splits. Sounds fine until you realize that means between 6:00-6:20 pace, which isn't even at all. We'll have to do better.

Gotta go for now. Packing and such!

No comments:

Post a Comment