Friday, June 1, 2012

Things went awry

When I woke up, I knew things were going to come unglued fast. The weather was awful. It was cold, it was cloudy, and there was the promise of rain to come. Miller had already ducked out of the ride because of a scheduling conflict; Galloway followed a couple of hours later. It was easy to see coming.

The nice benefit was a free schedule. Leisa and I had a nice lunch without the stress of any schedule pressure, and afterward I opted to wait it out to see if things improved. They didn't. If anything, things only got worse. Though short of miles, I couldn't see going out today. We're riding long tomorrow anyway, so it makes no difference, other than getting fewer miles this week.

I'll be fresher I guess, so I'm kicking the idea around of perhaps going down to Creepy Town. I haven't done that in two years, and since Allen is wanting to go long, perhaps tomorrow is the day. Probably not - but he and I could go to the Huntingburg General Store for Dan Brand YoHoo. That might be an interesting ride. We'd avoid the worst of the hills in the process.

School is over. It's not real yet. It won't be real until about this time next week when I realize I haven't had to ride anyone about trying to sleep in class all week. I never get tired of the teaching part, it's the battle of wills that wears me down after a while.

Parkview, 7 AM, 65 miles for the main group. There is a splinter for 80, maybe a splinter/splinter for more.

Sunday, 7:30 AM, 7-mile run, Parkview Track. 

No comments:

Post a Comment