Thursday, June 14, 2012

Lotsa riders, Lotsa fun!

I'm flat, really flat. 8 lbs. have disappeared since our return from the west, and it takes nothing to spike my heart rate out the ceiling. Jimmy's workout yesterday was really tough on me!

The day started with 5 miles at the hatchery with the girls' team. It was slow, until I did the last mile alone. I tried to pick it up, then I noticed how pooped I was. Glad it was only 5 miles.

The lift followed directly after. Once again, I tried to do circuits, and I was successful, but I was much slower moving through it. It was tough.

Later was the ride. This was from Lighthouse, and included Dan, Strunk, Mike, WinD, John T., and Allen. I was especially looking forward to Allen, because he promised to bring his extra heart rate monitor for Garmins, which I wanted to try. Unfortunately, he forgot it. Now Allen was just another rider in the crowd, maybe less... ;)

We did the Amish country, and the most noteworthy things were:

  • the wind was almost dead calm, and;
  • WinD was taking Jimmy's Kestrel Talon out for the first true road test.
Too bad we can't ever seem to get the great wind conditions on Tuesdays, but that's how it goes. 

WinD looked great on the Talon - perfect size for her. If nothing else, now she knows what size bike she needs. 

Not really much else to add, other than the obligatory Garmin data, found here! (Note: I started the Garmin too late, losing nearly 4 miles at the start. I'll correct this on the next ride.)

Upon request, here is a list of lady riders. This request came from a lady at lap swim who is very interested in starting a splinter group, women-only.

Wendy Miller
Kathy Hammel
Robin Day
Arlene Brim
Kelly Fitzgerald
Lori Jarrard
Morgan Jarrard
Jamie Strunk
Robin Elliott
Claudia Seidle
Mary Hall
Karen Voigtschild

No comments:

Post a Comment