Friday, June 29, 2012

Today was worse - can tomorrow be worser?

Hard to imagine today being worse than yesterday with regards to the heat, but it was. The humidity rose a bit, and the temperature was every bit as hot as yesterday. Miserable.

We ran, Galloway, Jimmy, and I, with the girls this morning. More accurately, I started their practice and we ran. It was muggy, and I was drenched when we got back.

Jimmy and I were going to ride from the track, but we decided to meet at Lighthouse instead. Good plan, as it took the cut out. Then, as we rode, it became apparent the heat was going to get insufferable. Jimmy also had stuff to get on to, so we cut it down quite a bit from there. I don't care. It was the right thing to do, especially since we are riding in the morning again.

As soon as I got home, Leisa drug me out to a flea market in Edinburgh. I have to admit, it had a lot of stuff, and as indoor yard sales go, it was the best I've seen. I know I'll see it again, because Leisa kept going on about it all the way home.

Tomorrow we ride from the track, 7 AM.

Run Data.

Ride Data.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Edinburgh. Did you ever run the 5K they had over there in September? It was called the Fall Flight 5K and was a very flat and fast course. I remember one year a guy ran the race in his auto mechanic uniform - light blue shirt, dark blue pants, and black work shoes. I think Mike Jarrard told me once that a participant in that race died during the race one year.

    ReplyDelete