Monday, August 13, 2012

And.... we're back!

*flick*

And just like that, the switch between summer and work is flipped. One cannot comprehend how it is, to be off for a couple of months every year, then go back to work as if it never stopped, unless of course one is a teacher. It's like living two different lives, in a schizophrenic sort of way. There is no transition; it's on/off.

Today was the regular first teacher day stuff - meetings, meetings, and more discussion. Being a tech guy, I also had the added task of aiding many teachers in getting their computers up, getting logged on, opening mail, etc.

This was the first day practice was after school. We did hills on the course, finishing in time for me to make a dash for the run (or is that a run for the dash?). It would be tight, but I felt I could squeeze in a couple miles with the guys.

My plan was to catch them on the back half of the five, but I'd sent a text stating I was on my way. As I neared home, I was about to park and get changed, but I guessed the guys might be waiting because of the text. I went up the alley, and sure enough, they were there. Okay. I was in cargo shorts and had a worn-out pair of running shoes. Close enough! Stripping off the shirt, I was ready to go.

I should do this more often. Dan and I brought up the rear of the run, and we went a tic over 41 minutes. That's pretty good compared to what we have been doing. The cargo shorts didn't hurt me at all, apparently.

It was a bit past six, and I was hungry, but there was the lift thingy to do. I was already sweaty, so there was nothing to do for it but go for the lift. The place was pretty busy. I had to alter my workout a bit, which is okay. Lifting has to be changed periodically anyway, and I suppose it was time.

So, the ride tomorrow... possible? Maybe. Depends on the girls. If they get right on things, yes. If not, no. We'll find out then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment