Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Final Tuesday Night

This was it - the final Tuesday night ride of the year, officially. I can state for sure I will not be back next Tuesday. No way.

We did the same pace line rotation as last week, though this time with fewer riders. Five of us did it: Dan, John T., Jimmy, Galloway, and myself. Strunk's empty slot was filled by Dan this week, who took on the task with gusto. When the pace stressed him to the limit, he channeled his inner Strunk and fought back into it. When he fell off, he found a way back in. When he fought his way to the top of lost river on my wheel, I handed him the lead as quickly as he caught up. Yup, heck of a ride for Dan.

Rand didn't do poorly either. While it may be true he wore a skirt to a man's workout, he did redeem himself almost completely by holding us at bay for nearly the entire ride. Not as easy as it sounds, since the winds definitely did not favor an individual ride.

The five of us did catch him, though not until the end. I had to make a break earlier than I would have liked, since Rand would have beaten us otherwise. Jimmy jumped on the wheel, and well, the predictable happened. Jimmy got his victory by a hair.

Rand, Jimmy, Allen, and Galloway ran after, while Dan, John T., and I went to Wendy's. Other than the irate customer throwing a fit over a sandwich and me getting a bite from Dan's sandwich it was business as normal.

From here on out I think it's going to be runs on Tuesday. Office? Parkview? We'll see. I likely will miss either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment