Friday, August 3, 2012

Only the second run this week

The all-night relay took it out of my legs. Hamstrings in particular seemed singed, and I knew it was time to rest them. This week, I did. No doubles, low mileage, few runs. Bike limited to 20 miles. Slow swim. The only thing I picked up slightly was lifting, and that wasn't much.

Today I ran five miles, down to Hillcrest and back. The hamstring didn't bother me at all, but the low back did. I've been a bit lazy about the core strength, and I'll have to get back on top of it. Other than that, it wasn't a hard run, despite the over 80% humidity and 76 degree dew point (!!).

Most of my time has been put into the girls, which is the way it should be. I've also been going into work, so my mind is decidedly off my own training for now and onto more germane issues. This too will pass, but it's a necessity of the time of year.

Leisa and I did get a nice ride this week, going out on 337. We brought it home right before dark, thoroughly wringing everything out of the day.

Allen and I will be meeting tomorrow at 10:30 AM at Lighthouse Books. Anyone and everyone is welcome.  

No comments:

Post a Comment