Monday, August 20, 2012

First meet

I'll tell you gang, I wasn't sure what to expect.

Just one week ago, we had a disastrous tempo workout. Only 5 girls finished. The rest struggled to finish a mile at walking pace. I was seriously considering running only 5 runners tonight. I'm glad I didn't.

Read the race analysis.

Here's something I haven't told them yet - every girl (except the last girl) beat the time for the All-Time Top-25 list for BNL. Granted, 5k isn't that old, but hey, it feels good to be on the list.

It's better than I could have hoped for. And I'll tell you, that Danielle/Shelby combo was a thing of beauty. The way they worked together to break girls down, to keep one another in the race... outstanding!

We have something to build on. We still have a chance to do well in conference, and hopefully we'll be ready for Sectional. We just need a little luck on the health side...

No comments:

Post a Comment