Friday, December 7, 2012

A couple of rides, and the preseason begins

December is the start of riding preseason. It may be hard to get outside much, but that doesn't excuse us from trying to get some riding done. This week, I've managed to do both.

Wednesday afternoon was nice enough to get out to ride, and I put in 20 down to Mitchell and back. Couple that with a nice run and a lift, and the brick workouts have already begun.

Today was a mini brick - sorta. I lifted, then jumped on the trainer (at the gym, no break) rode 40 minutes. It's nowhere near enough but enough for now, the first week. I'll have to find a way to balance the workout schedule and swim schedule, and then a true rhythm of the week will develop. Then it will be easier to build the mileage.

The cross-country banquet was last night, and with that the season is officially complete. I'll still need to start contacting the girls with regards to their training through the winter, and I will soon do that. I've been waiting to see what Kathy will commit to (Spring Mill training). Time is running out though. I will proceed with something in the very near future, one way or another.

Tomorrow there will be a small group (at least) at Parkview, 8 AM. 

No comments:

Post a Comment