Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Whaddya know...

Things seem to be turning a corner, in a positive way. The last couple of weeks, and probably not coincidentally since I've started riding, my training has picked up in quality. Tonight I ran 10 miles under 75 minutes. This is much faster than I've run in some time. The first 5 went in 34:15, and really wasn't too much of a push. There's hope after all!

Speaking of hope, or better still hopeless, the weather forecast for the next couple of days looks pretty bad. Temp in the 30's, steady rain, wind steady at 35 mph with gust of up to 50 mph? This is exactly why I have a gym membership. I hope to get out to run, but there is no hope for an outside ride for the rest of the week.

School is almost over for Christmas break... if it wasn't for the whole Mayan thing, I'd be looking forward to it. I don't want to get my hopes up just to have them crushed... ;)

Looking forward, the next planned run is Saturday, 8 AM at Parkview. Distance is up to 10 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment