Monday, December 17, 2012

Another good day

I wish I could say that with complete honesty. This splitting headache makes that impossible. I'm assuming this outdoor riding has given me a sinus infection, thus the headache. Hopefully it'll be worth it down the road.

("Down the road"... get it?)

Got a good lift and run tonight. No, really! Despite the headache, I went for the lift. My head was splitting the whole time, and I didn't know if I really wanted to go for the run. I suspected that once the run started and my nose started running, the pressure would subside. Only one way to find out.

First few steps out the door and I knew the run would be just fine. I felt good, in the hips, in the legs... I can feel the strength beginning to return. I forget how important riding is to my ability to run. I was able to hold nearly a 7-flat pace for the first 3 miles, something I haven't done in a good long while. There wasn't any push to it either, it was simply there.

The next 5 with the guys went just as well. Wes and I broke off the front and had a rambling discussion of whatnot. We wore the others guys out with it, so I suppose we didn't break away as much as they let us go. I can still say I ran 8 right on one hour, or 7:30 pace overall. That's a good run.

Tomorrow Erin has a swim meet. I will try to pick up with Strunk and Allen at 3:50 at Parkview. I know Allen will be there... will Strunk?

No comments:

Post a Comment