Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Home stretch

The semester draws to a close, classes are ending, and yes, the long-held tradition of losing the will to live (academically) is alive and well amongst my students. I'm the tall guy standing in front of the room who makes noise until the bell rings and they can leave. It's temporary, but oh, I hate it when they get to this point. It seems a bit worse than normal this time, too.

I stepped on a scale, more to shock myself back to reality than to hope for loss. I was surprised that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was 5-10 lbs. better than I feared. Huh. Don't know how that happened.

My mileage is creeping up. Slowly, very slowly, it's building. However, the important thing is total time exercising is going up quickly. If you add in the spinning and weight lifting, I'm putting more and more time in.

The path going forward is clear; cut out the sweets. But it's Christmas! How do I do that?! ;)

Tonight I will run, lift, and maybe spin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment