Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas parties and training

The Gillespies were kind enough to open their home to us last night, and it was a great night of fellowship and food. I didn't win any of the prizes, but it was okay; Leisa did. We can share.

This morning started off early if not bright. Dan was supposed to meet me at Parkview. His text warned me he would not make it, so I started the early portion alone. Three miles before the group, alone, in the dark. I soldiered on.

The rest of the gang showed at 8 AM, and we headed out for another 5. A few of us broke off the front early, and in the end it was Miller and myself. We chatted about training and such. Near the end of the run, as we pulled onto Brian Lane Way, we could see two figures closing behind us. Michael and Bartlett we trying to catch us by the end. My cruel calls to Michael to "work for it" produced a final spurt, though it fell short.

I had considered running a couple more, but my hip got markedly more painful toward the end of the run. Since we were going to ride in the afternoon, I passed. I think it was the right call.

Allen, Roy, and I met at Allen's church in Mitchell at 2. The plan was to head to Huck's and then return. It was not exactly warm, there was a slight breeze from the southwest, and the sky was overcast, even threatening rain. We were not to be deterred.

It wasn't a fast ride. Who cares? It is December 16th, and we were riding outdoors! We stopped at Huck's for the obligatory drink (I bypassed the candy bar), and we headed home.

This is a pretty good start to the next riding season - several outdoor rides already!

No comments:

Post a Comment