Thursday, January 10, 2013

Better than yesterday

I had great plans for Wednesday - a longer run, then a ride... that would have left me only a few miles of running to cap the week before Saturday, which will likely have to be all off (due to Conference swimming). It would have been sweet, had I been able to do it.

I couldn't.

Three miles into the run yesterday I knew it was over for the day. OVER. I was light-headed, as if my blood sugar had dropped. I was starving. I wasn't tired especially, and I wasn't even that sore. I just couldn't go.

Man, getting old is awful.

So I waited for today. There were options. If it didn't rain, I could run from Parkview after school. If it did rain, I could ride for a couple of hours on the trainer. Either way, I would swim later.

Strunk texted me, stating he would run from Parkview, rain or shine. If Strunk can do it, so can I. Run it was.

Allen joined us, and it was a pleasant, if slow run. Slow was fine by me... after yesterday, I didn't need to push anything. It went by easily enough.

Allen really convinced me to wait until tomorrow to ride. He wants to start from his church at 4 and ride to Huck's and back. That's a decent 20 miles. Sounds more fun that spinning.

The swim went easily too, maybe the best I've done in a while. I held sub-1:30 pace for 100's pulling. My stroke felt on, even if it took a while to warm up the shoulders.

Busy at work. Really, really busy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment