Monday, January 7, 2013

Busy

In case anyone asks, Strunk is alive. I have a witness - Galloway and I ran with him this afternoon.

I was standing on the corner of 16th and O when I heard a car horn. Spinning about, I spotted the silver truck go by. It was him, Strunk, the MIA runner from days of yore. At that time of day, there was only one place he could be heading - Parkview, for a run no doubt.

It was a bit early, but I decided to head for home. Before you are too tough on me, know that I was at work 2 hours early, and Erin had a swim meet tonight, so whatever I did had to happen fast.

I met the boys, and we did 5 easy miles. It turned out to be a bit cooler than I expected, though by no means unmanageable in a thick long-sleeve top and compression short tights. I didn't even need gloves, though I had them.

The rest of the week should be warmer, if wetter. Allen keeps talking about a ride Thursday, but today the forecast was for a 70% chance of rain. I doubt I'll go outside to ride in that.

Tempo Tuesdays start tomorrow. We'll see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment