Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Ride and run

There were some choices for this afternoon's exercise combinations. There was going to be a run and a ride, but there was no clear order or time for it. With the office run scheduled every Wednesday at 5:15, the original plan was for a ride first then run.

Two wrinkles occurred simultaneously. First, I was contacted by Leisa telling me she had a dental appointment at 4. This meant she might be held long and wouldn't be able to pick up Erin at 5:30. It also meant if she ran it would be later in the evening, so if the ride didn't happen first, it wouldn't happen.

Next was Galloway texting me about a 3:50 run from Parkview. I had to consider this one, because if I need to get Erin, this would guarantee a run, if not a ride. I asked Leisa, and despite my offer to get Erin, she rebuffed. No point arguing with her, I never win.

I got on the bike. A quick ride and a run after would have it all over by 6, which sounded nice. Turns out that was a fortuitous turn of events, at least for Jimmy. He was the only runner at the office. Had I not shown, he would have had to run alone. The debate may rage forever as to whether or not he would have run alone, we'll never know.

Both workouts were easy and passed by quickly. Honestly, it's the best I've felt in weeks.

Run and lift tomorrow followed by a BNL swim at 8. 

No comments:

Post a Comment