Friday, January 4, 2013

Sickness?

Leisa has been sick for a couple of days. Erin was sick before that. I wasn't too worried about it - I guess I figure if my number comes up, it does.

I ran with Galloway after work, 3:50 at Parkview, like Strunk used to do before he stopped answering everyone's texts. That run went fine, no problems at all. Sure, the alley near Norton Lane is still ice-clogged. We were fine. The time wasn't too bad either, comparatively speaking.

I had the option to ride, but I was feeling a bit dragged down. In fact, I've felt that way all week. My lifting especially has been difficult. There didn't seem to be any other concerns, so I didn't put much into it. Anyway, I wasn't going to ride, because Friday offered a better spacing to the workout week.

Then I got home and changed my mind. The time was there, Leisa wasn't in the basement, so it was the perfect time. I got on, got a few miles in, then felt really weak. The plan was altered from 20 miles to 10, and I set sights for 10.

I couldn't get there. I felt bad enough I had to get off the bike. That's very unusual. I tried to tough it out, it wasn't going to happen.

There was the Thursday night swim scheduled, and for me, that was out the window. I would go out and supervise, but there would be no water time. It was the right call. If I couldn't muster the energy to stay on the saddle, I didn't need to get wet.

This morning I feel much better. I won't know for sure until I get to the gym, but for now I am hopeful it should go well.

Tomorrow morning we meet at Parkview for a 10-mile run. I think we should be able to make the highway portion by now. Anyway, it's January, and stuff has to start happening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment