Thursday, May 31, 2012

The air is a little cleaner, the sky a little brighter...

...and you can guess why. Tomorrow around noon I will conduct my celebratory bike ride commemorating the passing of yet another school. Number 26, to be exact. Eligible for retirement in 5 years. It's hard to wrap my mind around that thought...

I was watching the winds and weather today, and don'tchaknowit, the wind was light and steady out of the southeast, perfect for a time trial on the pace line course. I wanted so bad to be out there. Turns out I missed the all-time record for the course by three measly seconds... I bet I could get it, now that I know what it is.

I texted Miller, asking him if he wanted to take a crack at the course. Texts were exchanged, and we settled on 5:15-5:30 at Spring Mill. He wasn't thrilled about the idea, but he was game to try. Good boy.

Of course you know how it turned out. Line of storms came through about 4:45, and the ride had to be cancelled. That's okay, there'll be other days. But mark my words... sometime this summer, that record will fall, or I will die trying. It's become my goal for the summer. Of course Miller or John T. may beat me to it first, but that record will fall. 21:06 is the number to beat.

I did get a short swim, but other than that the day was a rest day. That's fine. I was going to take tomorrow off, so today or tomorrow makes little difference. I'll be lifting anyway, so I guess it wasn't going to really be a day off as I planned it.

Recap: tomorrow at noon, from my house, 30-mile ride. All welcome.

Saturday: 7 AM Parkview Track, 65-mile ride, Allen and I will go to 80. All welcome.

Sunday: Kenray swim at 4, followed by a ride?

No comments:

Post a Comment