Monday, July 2, 2012

Taking off, again.

Leisa and I will be leaving in the morning for North Carolina. We haven't visited the Biltmore Mansion in a while, and since this is dead week for high school sports, I have a little time to burn. It'll be a nice getaway.

The last week has been pretty awful. Daily temperatures have breached 100 since last Wednesday, and it appears they will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. Lucky for me I'm not running so many miles this summer, because frankly, I wouldn't survive it. Even at 25 miles per week I'm beginning to feel the stress.

Galloway, Dan, and I rode this morning from Lighthouse. I can't say I ever got comfortable during the ride. Dan seemed to be pulling us, yet when the numbers came in, it wasn't as if he was pushing. That's taking nothing away from Dan, of course - he has improved a great deal since the beginning of the riding season.

Ride Data.

Galloway wanted a run afterward, and since I preferred to get it over with before it became much hotter, I went. It was only a 5k, but it was enough. Garmin had it at a perfect 3.1 miles, so you know it was longer. I'd call that an officially sanctioned USAT course!

Run Data.

We're doing a quick ride from my house in the morning, 8 AM, 20 miles. After that - NC!

No comments:

Post a Comment