Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Almost 11

I ran with the girls' team today, something I haven't been able to do for a while. It was so much fun I decided to add to it by joining the Jimmy group afterward. We ran the regular 5, nothing new there, but Bradford was there tonight. I guess I would also mention WinD showed up, or perhaps she's the Other Miller. Aw shucks, we had one Miller anyway. ;)

We wound up spreading out. Scott, apparently feeling nothing from last night's ride, began to stretch the run out. Rand has lots of energy too, and he joined in. Before long, the line was long and finally disconnected. I looked back, realized I was part of it, and pulled back some.

Galloway said he was tired, so I drifted back and joined him. I didn't think we were going excessively fast or slow, but something Tim said when we finished peaked my interest... "...so THAT'S why I feel tired!" I had carried the time from my first run into the second (it didn't matter to me at the time), so I wasn't sure how fast we did run. I think it was under 40 minutes, maybe as fast as 38 minutes. That would be faster than normal.

Not sure what I'm going to do tomorrow. I might try to jump into a little running at practice, though that's unlikely. We are having a structured workout, so I'll have to monitor the effort. That's more important than my personal fitness. After there won't be time. Guess it's a good thing I ran so long tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment