Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Down to the wire

To use the analogy of the perfect storm, my current competing concerns are pelting my hide like so many hailstones in a warm summer storm.

School started today, and the students arrive tomorrow. It was a crazy day today to prepare, and I'm not sure I'm completely ready. I can't think of anything else, but there is that nagging feeling of overlooking something.

I had to plan a day ahead for the day off Friday - horrible timing, but there's nothing for it. The Nationals are scheduled when they are scheduled, and I either go or don't. At any rate, I left plans already. I hope this speeds my egress from the building tomorrow, as we have to hit the road right away.

Along that line of thinking, I have my bike and gear packed and ready to go. All I have to do is swing by and get Rand and Jimmy, and away we go. Yet there is that nagging feeling of overlooking something...

I still haven't given much thought to the race. What is there to really think about? Go do your thing. An average day ought to be good enough. Boil that down to "just don't have an awful day".

Wow. Inspirational, right?

It's not as bad as all that. There is calm in working out the numbers, because an average day ought to be good enough to give me a shot at Worlds. It would also probably score good points in the hunt for All-American. Just have an average day. Yeah, I can do that.

And there you have it. My mind is wrapped around it. It's attainable, I'm in control, and it will be a good day.  Simple!

On another note, I just want to comment how much it "ES-YOU-EX" Jimmy's knee blew. I know it was a big deal for him, and I hate that it's not going to happen. We all get hurt, but rarely do we get hurt with such spectacularly bad timing. Here's hoping the doctor's appointment gives him some good news...

No comments:

Post a Comment