Monday, August 12, 2013

How did that happen?

I was late getting to Jimmy's. The idea was to get there, change clothes, then run the first segment backwards until we met. There was a better than average chance to catch everyone on the way in, probably down Park Avenue or so. If it went down like that, there was a chance for at least three miles. That would have been fine - I was still sore after the race. This is pretty much a free week anyway, so whatever happens, happens.

Instead, I saw all the guys standing outside of Jimmy's even though it was nearly 5:30. Jimmy had come out, and everyone stopped to talk to him. Jimmy has been off after MRI and surgery, so they were getting status updates. That played into my favor, because now I would get all five miles. As long as the knee didn't hurt, that was fine by me.

The run wasn't hard, but it was pretty muggy. Toward the end of the run Greg asked what pace we were going. I guessed 8-minute pace. Miller said it was 8:50. Darn Miller. That Garmin of his is never right! Sure enough, we came in a little over 8-minute pace overall. Can't trust a Miller.

There are going to be riders tomorrow night. I will try to make all or part of it if all goes well. That's subject to change, as my schedule is very fluid now. Still, I'd like to make it if the weather holds together. I don't know how hard I will ride - I'm kind of over that right now - but I'd sure like to see the guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment