Friday, September 20, 2013

Hard run, sorta

Don't know what's gotten into me. Could be that Strava biking is upping my fitness, maybe I'm more rested, maybe it's just stress, but my running seems to be doing better. My knee pain is getting better. Heck, even my shoulder is getting better. I benched more weight tonight than I ever thought I would again. That's significant, because shoulder pain had been severe before. Now it is a constant 2 instead of a constant 7. At this rate, I won't even get it checked out.

I ran with Carrie yesterday, and it was a harder run than we normally do with the group. Not that it was hard - in fact, it wasn't at all - but I sure did sweat a lot. Later I could tell I was dehydrated, so I wasn't sure how today would go.

I left the house with a quicker step than normal, and it transitioned to a 6:45 first mile, Garmin measured. I won't call it easy... let's call it controlled medium hard. This I held for 3.5 miles before I decided I'd pushed long enough.

I'll be sprinting all over the course tomorrow during the meet. The mile splits are pretty far apart, and my girls will be spread out. This won't be easy! For that reason I thought I'd best cool it tonight.

Final time was 33:41. And that was with a very easy 1.5 mile finish. That's a ton better than I've been doing the last few months. Things are becoming so easy I'm beginning to get ideas I probably shouldn't entertain. Still, opportunities are opening, and I'm keeping an open mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment