Monday, September 30, 2013

Yes, I am sore.

It was worth it, but man, am I sore. My neck, my arms, my back, my legs... I knew I was on something special yesterday, though I dared not look at my watch much throughout. I pushed it, and today I am paying the price.

Though I know the distances weren't all accurate (or is that accurate at all?), I know it was a lifetime best regardless. In the process of processing this stuff I discovered something I'd forgotten... I didn't go 2:14:00 at Chicago, I went 2:16:00. I guess that makes me feel better about Milwaukee, but it really makes me feel better about yesterday.

Here's how it breaks down as far as I can tell... the swim couldn't be more than 100 or so meters short, if that. That's about 1:20 to me in time.

The bike could have been a mile short, though I don't think that much. A mile is 2:30 to me. That's just under 4 minutes.

If the run was short, it couldn't have been more than a tenth. Forty seconds? Now we are up to 4:30.

Okay, conservatively that lands me at 2:10:00. Yeah, I'm still happy about that.

I don't know how it will all play out with USAT. Right now I need to raise my score a full point. If this race comes in above 87, I think I'm in. It'll be close. The guy that beat me is averaging around 88 points in the rankings, but he's younger by several age groups. If the scoring works the way I think it should, I could wind up scoring more than him on the race. I sure hope so. I've scored 90-point races before, so I know it's possible. Not often, but it has happened.

On to other topics...

We are going to try to ride tomorrow evening. It will be my last ride for sure if I make it. NE Dubois is next Tuesday night, Sectional the following Tuesday, and by then we are firmly into mid-October. I cannot imagine we will have the daylight or temperatures to make it worth trying to meet at that hour of the evening. It's been a great run for sure, and a big part of the reason I've been able to race this late into the season, so thanks, guys!

Anyway, there will be a change to the regular agenda. It's going to be a regular start from Mitchell Church of Christ, regular time, but we are riding to Huck's and back. We might add a little to the far side of it, but it will be a shorter ride due to daylight issues. Wendy's afterward, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment