Saturday, September 7, 2013

Various Items

First, a public service announcement.

*ahem*

Please, in the name of all that which does not suck, do NOT go see "This is the End". I do not have words to describe how bad it is - all I can do is describe my reaction. Leisa and I walked out after 45 minutes. I throw nothing away. I was raised to never waste food, clothing, anything I've spent money on. We couldn't stay any longer. I realized it was flat out cruelty to force her to watch any more. Terrible movie.

I feel like a need a shower to wash off the suck.

On to other things...

Ran and rode this morning, and there were many interesting ideas kicked around. Here's a list of the highlights, in no particular order:


  • Kill stickers for our bike helmets. Maybe for KOM, maybe for other deeds, but it should be a doable idea. 
  • Natchez Trace Ride to become a fund raiser? 
  • Possible new starting place for Tuesday night rides (for me).
  • Possible ride options for Natchez Trace.
  • New segment created for Strava (37 from Orleans to Mitchell).

We weren't able to hook up with Jimmy this morning. Apparently his time was inflexible. Too bad, we would have enjoyed having him. In spite of that, the Burriis and I rode Lighthouse at noon. I forgot my bike computer and was forced to use my iPhone app instead, which by some miracle maintained tower connection the entire ride. I went for the uphill segment again, tying my previous best despite not knowing how fast I was going. 

Man, sorry my writing is disconnected, but I cannot wring the awful out of my head. That was a horrible movie. I would rather go to a Taylor Swift concert featuring a Miley Cyrus dance solo. Seriously, there should have been warning labels on the theater doors.

Run at 8 AM tomorrow. I will likely ride shortly thereafter.

No comments:

Post a Comment