Saturday, March 29, 2014

...and we OUT!

It was supposed to rain and be cold this morning, and I'd resolved to go back to bed if this were true when the alarm went off. It was, I did, and I didn't look back. Totally the right call.

My plan was to wait until midday, because the rain was supposed to stop. Around 1 o'clock Roy started the group text, looking for anyone running. His timing was perfect, so we set the run for 2 o'clock. 10 miles! This was exactly what I needed for the week.

Of course it felt awful at the start - who am I kidding, it felt bad pretty much the whole time. After two days of riding long, I am totally wiped. We weren't fast, but we did get it done under 8:30 pace. That left only one thing left to do - lift!

This is where I really felt it. My eating had been light today, and after the run I was completely tapped. Normally I do a circuit type of workout, but there was no way to hold my normal pace. I could feel my heart rate beginning to rise too quickly, so I was forced to back off the pace quite a bit. Thankfully the core part went very well.

The week is done!

Now I will try to tack on an extra ride tomorrow. Distance? 20-50 miles. I want at least 20 to make 200 miles for the week, but will be willing to go to 50. Early afternoon start? Roy wants 2 o'clock, if anyone is interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment