Sunday, March 30, 2014

How did I miss THIS?!

Okay, so the last few days have been somewhat of a blur. The weather finally broke enough to get riding in, and that's what I did. I posted my stuff to Strava and moved on. No reason to dwell on it much.

I usually skim through the other members' entries and kudo or comment (or both), but I must have gone extra light on the skimming. Only today, when riding with Scott and John T., did I find out Troy has the KOM on the time trial course. My most cherished possession, gone.

Kudos.

This was of course inevitable, and he's certainly earned it. No excuses, no qualifications, King Troy now owns one of the crown jewels of club riding segmentom. Well, more than one, but one that I prize. Anyway, he did it the right way through tons of hard work, and I'm sure this isn't the last time the bar will be raised by Troy. Well done!

It was a beautiful day today, and as previously mentioned I threw a bonus ride on the week. Scott, John T., and I left Parkview and picked up Jimmy from Allen's church, then we rode out and around. To change things up we left Mitchell, passed through Liberty, on to Leipsic, then back to Orleans. At the stop John T. traveled on alone down 37 - he had a deadline to make. The rest of us returned to Mitchell on the Super 2, where we dropped off Jimmy. Finally, Scott and I headed back to Parkview, and I ultimately rode home. Total distance for me was just under 54 miles, bringing me to 234 or so miles for the week. Not bad considering how the week started.

We took some different paths today, and given the state of our normal roads, this might wind up being a necessity. Several of the secondary roads are in abysmal shape, and if the counties wind up chip-n-sealing, the only cost-effective way to repair, we may find ourselves with impassible roads for a time. Better to scout and plan now, says I, than to wait and be surprised. With all this in mind, we were on several roads in great shape, and this might be an interesting thing to do if nothing else.

Okay, so Jimmy has a meeting on Tuesday and asked if we could move the group ride to Monday. I said yes, but since I can't speak for everyone, let me just say I plan to ride both days. They will be the two nicest days of the week, and the way I see it, will comprise the bulk of my mileage for the week.

Running will happen this week, though it might get rearranged. More on that later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment