Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Memorable Run

Been away for a few days, not much to write about, so I haven't. I was off on Sunday all day - actually was sick, so that worked out okay. Yesterday was pretty hectic, though I managed to lift and run 5. No ride! The weather was just a bit too windy/cool to go out the day after being sick. The forecast for today was for snow, but I was hoping to get an opportunity to ride anyway.

Fat chance.

If anything, it was colder and windier than yesterday. Leisa and I went to the Eiteljorg Museum in Indy, and when I got home I had just enough time to buy some new shoes and get ready to run. My shout out to my friends elicited exactly one response, Miller, and we agreed to meet at the regular place and time.

With no Allen or Jimmy there to change the regular plan, it was left to me. I'd had it in my head to run north to the trailhead of the Milwaukee Line. I got the idea on my way home as we passed by the line, and it occurred to me then it would be a perfect wind break. Miller didn't have a problem with giving it a shot, so out we went.

The condition of the trail is "improving". There is still a large-gauge gravel on most of it, but it's beginning to pack in. More and more often there are very comfortable stretches along the way as well. We ran about 4 miles out in the direction of Williams, getting down by the river. We were almost halfway between Bedford and Williams before we turned, and for my part it was all a very enjoyable run.

I'm hoping it continues to improve. I plan on taking the girls team on this trail a bit this summer, especially when it gets hot. I won't be able to take them very far on it unless it smooths out a great deal, but I could see the possibility of a point-to-point run to Williams. That could be cool.

No rides this week thus far. With 5 days left it's still easily doable, but I'm getting the feeling of being backed into a corner again. One way or another, tomorrow I must ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment