Wednesday, March 19, 2014

In a Corner

I know the week is only three days old officially, but with only 31 miles riding going into today, I'm concerned about my ability to pull off 180 this week. I won't get a ride tomorrow, so that would leave Friday - Sunday to get it done. That's 150 miles in three days. I don't like the sound of that. What are the odds we'll get three nice days in a row to ride, or that I'll be able to pull off 50 a day?

Maybe the goals will happen and maybe they won't, but I at least have to try. Modifications to the plan had to be made. I stuck with the first part of today's outline. I lifted then ran 10 miles. This went off well with no difficulties. This also brought my running total to 20 miles, 2/3 of my weekly mileage goal. For that part, I'm ahead, and it gives me a bit of wiggle room.

As the run ended, I thought more and more about how the week is developing, and decided it would be best to try to slip in a ride tonight. No way it was going outdoors - the wind is pretty strong, and after last night's ride and tonight's run it would have been courting disaster. That meant a spin.

Yuck. Indoor riding. I really, really hate the idea of doing any rides inside at this point. There wasn't much choice, so I did it. It wasn't much, just a 20-miler, but attached to the day's other activities, it rounded things out to right at 3 hours of exercise. That's enough for mid-week. Now I only need to do 130 miles in the next four days (in which I will be able to ride three). That is palatable, at a little over two hours a day average. Likely as not I'll go bigger on one of the days and lighter on another.

Still jazzed a bit over how well everyone rode last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment