Friday, November 14, 2014

Been a while

I haven't posted a great deal here this year. There are lots of reasons, ranging from work, coaching, and frankly not much interest from the readership. In the end though this was never about any of those things - it has been an outlet of expression for me pure and simple. In some ways I find it to be very therapeutic and for that reason I'm going to attempt to go about it again on a fairly regular basis.

Leisa and I have traveled to Milwaukee, WI this weekend for an early anniversary getaway. It's a cool town, maybe not the Mecca of Anniversary trips, but it does have many of the things Leisa likes... great old architecture and statuary, museums, old churches, and tons of quality flea markets. It's my gift to her and I'm happy so far it's been a good choice.

While getting ready for a candle-lit dinner in a hole-in-the-wall cafe, she spotted a bike shop open across the street. As it was near closing time, I excused myself for a quick peek. It was work the trip. Though I would never be likely to buy a bike there (specialized in commuters) I LOVED their community room concept. The
ambiance was what set it apart - a mid-1800 brick building with original wood plank floors was rustic and cozy and perfect for hanging out after a ride. There was a bar where one could order any variety of drinks and order food. Think of it as a hipster cyclists' hangout, and super, super cool. I don't know if the concept can fly in Milwaukee, let alone Bedford, but I sure liked it. Count me in!

Check out the clever palette bike rack - a brilliant piece of ingenuity if you ask me. I'm not sure if that's an energy lab addition or not, but I could see where it might be useful in the correct venue.

Back to Bedford Sunday afternoon. I plan to run again from the Palm Reader's at 5:15.

No comments:

Post a Comment