Thursday, November 20, 2014

Cold and Hot

The weather is all over the place, isn't it? I mean, a few days ago we had an all-too-early snowfall, and heading into the weekend we are facing uncharacteristic thunderstorm activity. It's a crazy time of year.

People are starting to get rolling with training. All the familiar faces, save Scott's (who faced surgery) have been present I think the big event is Galloway's farewell tour mini at Louisville, though I suppose in the near term it's more like the Give Thanks For run hosted by Allen. Any way it goes, folks are getting back in the groove.

Lost my toenails today. Well, "lost" isn't exactly correct - I know exactly where they are. It's more accurate to say they were removed from my feet. I knew the day of the marathon they were toast, and it was only a matter of time before they were gone. Black toenails do not recover. Usually if you wait a couple of weeks, they die and you can simply tug and pull them right out painlessly. Sounds gross, but it really isn't a big deal.

The year is drawing to a close, folks. Events still on the calendar, aside from the aforementioned race by Allen, include the December 6th Santa Hat run, which is part of the Christmas Parade downtown, the Santa Hat run Christmas Eve morning, the New Year's Day morning run, and finally the banquet, assuming we have one. That's right, it's not too early to start thinking about if/when/where we might do that. Just throwing it out there to see if there interest.

Saturday morning, Parkview, 8 AM. That's the next scheduled run. Channeling my inner Rand on the topic, I'd just like to say

No comments:

Post a Comment