Monday, November 24, 2014

Windy, but okay

We had a healthy crew of Jimmy, John T., Bartlett, Rand, Roy, and myself to face the sketchy weather tonight. Though the temperature was fine, the wind made it feel much worse. I wore a long-sleeve with a windbreaker, and that worked fine. John T. took no chances and went the further distance of wearing long tights. He's manly enough to pull that off, I suppose.

So this is the week I'm supposed to set up the trainer. Yuck. I have no appetite for that at all right now. Unfortunately, I seem to have a big appetite for everything else - food, that is. There is no choice here; training level has to go up or my weight will. That's not an option for me.

I am glad to hear everyone so fired up about training. Maybe that will rub off on me? I know once things get going it will all fall back together, it's just every year it gets just that much harder to get started. Never fear, it will get done.

I am looking at very limited riding. I will shoot for 60 miles a week. I think that will be a good enough supplement to running. My formula, in case you have forgotten, is one third your overall biking miles can be added to your running week for an approximate total. That's always felt about right. By that measure 60 miles a week riding equals one 20-mile run - without the stress on the joints. That's a good trade off. It also adds about 3-3 1/2 hours of activity, and that doesn't hurt, either.

Tomorrow at Parkview, 5:15!

No comments:

Post a Comment