Monday, May 14, 2012

Again with the calf

Tried to run 5 miles tonight... couldn't do it. The leg got to around 4 and I had to stop. Yup, the calf is still hurting. Good thing I went ahead and signed up for Crane last night. It was obvious running at Terre Haute was a bad bet, and I'm happy to say I didn't throw money away on that entry. I don't think biking will be any trouble, and even if a problem does arise, it's not as much money as Terre Haute. I hate that I won't be going, but that's how these things go. 


I went out to swim, partly because I needed to do a bit more exercise tonight, but also because Allen has needed some help with his stroke. Jimmy was there as well, and as they say, there was something for everyone. I think I can chronicle the events of the pool in the following song:


It’s eight o’clock on a Monday night
The regular crowd comes for a swim
There’s an old man swimming next to me
And I can speak German to him
He says, Bill, can you split the lane with me
I don’t like how a circle goes
I tell him it’s fine, just find the right line
Just so everybody here knows

[Chorus]La la la de de dala la de deda dad um

Swim me a lap, I’m your swimming coach
Swim me a lap, do it right
‘Cause Jimmy is making a video
Which he’ll be posting tonight

Now Al in lane one is a friend of mine
I’m trying to teach him to free
And he’s quick with a joke, but I told the poor bloke
Slow down, so you’re able to breathe
He said Bill, I believe this is killing me
As the limbs of his body did quake
Well I’m sure that I could beat WinD’s bike
If I could get out of the lake

La la la de de dala la de deda dad um

Now Jimmy’s a local optometrist
Well known, even larger than life
And he’s talking to Allen, with whom he’s a’pallin’
In the midst of aquatic strife
And WinD is writing her running blog
‘Bout a man, who’s gonna get horned
Yes, they’re gonna both meet up at Cicero
Both trying to get in the zone

Swim me a lap, I’m your swimming coach
Swim me a lap, do it right
‘Cause Jimmy is making a video
Which he’ll be posting tonight

Okay, that pretty much describes the evening... want in? Add a verse!


1 comment:

  1. Swim me a lap, I’m your swimming coach
    Swim me a lap, do it right
    ‘Cause Jimmy is making a video
    Which he’ll be posting tonight

    I did it right, alright! Right into the wall. I will swim anywhere for you, yes, even into a wall.

    ReplyDelete